Surrender to Chronic Illness as a Way to Wellness
Surrender to chronic illness
How can we surrender to chronic illness and the consequences?
I would like to divide this into four areas related to the different levels of our being: Physical, Mental, emotional and Spiritual.
- Restorative Yoga
- Floatation tanks
- Having a self-care day where you rest, journal, watch movies and meditate.
- Lying on the grass in a park or garden absorbing earth energies
- Listening to calming high vibrational music.
- Walking in nature: The Japanese advocate “forest bathing” for health. It has now been shown scientifically that trees assist the human body in boosting immune response. The molecular interactions between certain tree species and human bodies trigger the production of Natural Killer (NK) cells in humans. NK cells are a type of white blood cell that attack virally infected cells and tumour growths. So go and sit under a tree and relax!
- Learning to stay with your own energy and not getting too involved in others business.
- Getting grounded which helps to reduce overstimulating mental activity. Bare feet on the earth is so beneficial.
- Practicing acceptance of what is. Perhaps this means adjusting to the fact that you can’t do what you used to be able to do physically.
- Singing/ Sounding: Toning a long “AH” sound from the heart or even just sighing “AH” on an exhale is great for letting go of stress and anger. Try doing it for five minutes and notice the difference in how you feel.
- Self-compassion and self-love. Check out my post on self-care tips for ways to show yourself love.
- Remembering not to take things personally and realising that you don’t need to be approved of or liked by everyone.
- Let go of intensely researching cures and ways to get better for a while as it is very draining.
- “Source meditation” (spending time in meditation allowing energy to pour into your body from above through the crown of your head).
- Learning to communicate with your guides.
- Trusting and listening to your intuition.
- Being in gratitude.
- Make decisions from your heart , not your head.
- Practicing letting go of fear.
If you liked this post, please share on social media to help others.
I would love to hear any other ways you have found to surrender to your situation in the comments box below.
I would love to hear your tips!